Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I've Read So Far in 2013

(Photo: brokeandbookish.blogspot.com)
 


This week’s Top Ten Tuesday is the Top Ten Books That I’ve Read in 2013. Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. I have kept my list to books that I had never read previously.

 

  1. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys- Between Shades of Gray is not the type I usually read and I was hesitant to pick it up from the library. I’m so glad I chose to read it because it’s a seriously amazing book. I loved the characters and the plot. I had never heard of this part of history, so it was something that was interesting (and horrifying) to learn about.
  2. Sweethearts by Sara Zarr-This book is so simple, but I love it. Although it has been around for awhile, I never got around to reading it. When my sister got it for Christmas, she told me I had to read it… and I fell in love! I’m definitely interested in checking out more of her books.
  3. Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson- I’m not a huge Peter Pan fan, but I actually liked this book. While maintaining elements from the original story, Anderson made the story her own by giving Neverland a more solemn tone. It’s a really cool, different book that I highly recommend!
  4. The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen- Although not my favorite Dessen book, it’s still pretty good. I think it’s interesting how Dessen gave this book a more mature tone. The beginning is a bit slow, but the end of the story is amazing. Check out my review for The Moon and More here.
  5. Emma by Jane Austen- I’m a huge fan of the movie Clueless, so I wanted to read Emma. This year, I finally got the opportunity. I love it! I fell in love with the characters and the whole plot.
  6. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins- Everyone raves about this book, so I had to check it out. Compared to other YA romances, this isn’t overly cheesy. I liked the setting a lot!
  7. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson- This book is so sad! Even though you know the end is inevitable, you keep flipping the pages and hoping the outcome will change. You should definitely check this book out.
  8. Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler- I love Sarah Ockler. Her characters are always so real. This one is perfect for summer, but it definitely not an easy, breezy summer read. Check out my review for Fixing Delilah here.
  9. Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler- Bittersweet is such a cute story. I like the cupcake recipes at the beginning of each chapter, and Ockler once again impressed me with her awesome writing. You need to read one of her books if you haven’t yet!
  10. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater- This isn't the type of book that I would normally pick up. However, I really did enjoy reading it. It's something different than a lot of other YA books out there today. I would recommend it!

 

Disclaimer: I am not being compensated for this review. All thoughts and opinions are my own! All credit goes to The Broke and the Bookish.

No comments:

Post a Comment